As the final episode of Downton draws near, Sunday nights filled with the shenanigans of our favourite landed gentry and their staff will sadly be a thing of the past. If you’re lamenting the end of the series, fear not, Daz is here to “lighten the load”. Taking a light hearted look at which characters the nation most resembles, it seems that Lady Mary’s personality double is probably only an armchair away.
Daz, has revealed that a whopping two thirds of us display the characteristics of Lady Mary, which means that, as a nation, we’re a progressive bunch who believe in tradition but are all for change if it improves the situation.
Lady Mary types embrace innovation and are always looking for new ways to use technology, but do believe in maintaining a work, life balance. They generally look for quick and easy solutions to everyday tasks, like laundry. Believing themselves to be loyal, elegant and passionate, having clean, perfectly pressed underwear that looks and smells good, is a top priority.
Aside from Lady Mary, 15% of us share characteristics of the Earl of Grantham being stable, dependable and intelligent and liking a crisp white shirt to wear every day. Only a mere 10% see ourselves at the heart of the home like Mrs Patmore; satisfied with where we are, needing clean tea towels every day and using technology only when necessary.
Which one do you identify with?
Lady Mary: 64%
- Loyal, elegant and passionate the Lady Mary’s are the next generation redefining tradition
- Great smelling, perfectly pressed underwear makes them happiest
Earl of Grantham: 15%
- Stable, dependable and intelligent, they think of themselves as the head of the family
- Crisp, white, wrinkle free shirts are their laundry priority
Mrs Patmore: 10%
- Down to earth, caring and forgiving, Mrs Patmore’s are the carers of the family and run the household
- Clean tea towels with no stains in sight are key
- Moral, reserved and sceptical. They are traditional through and through
- Vests and shirts make up the bulk of their laundry, to keep them looking sharply dressed
Dowager Countess of Grantham: 3%
- Proper, traditional and practical they prefer not to work unless they have to
- They don’t do the laundry. Ever.
- Ambitious, driven and successful they will do whatever it takes to help family get ahead
- Most likely suited and booted, they prefer to do washing as little as possible
Find out more about how Daz is lightening the load for the residents of Cleaner Close:
* For those missing the maids… https://www.facebook.com/daz/videos/vb.190265390996689/975323555824198/?type=2&theater
* Easy Daz it in the log shed… https://www.facebook.com/daz/videos/936063913083496/
Daz has offered 3 prize bundles to give away to my readers. Each bundle consists of –
- 1 Daz regular washing powder (22 washes)
- 1 Daz Go Pods (16 capsules)
For a chance to win, enter the giveaway below –
Disclaimer: Daz statistics are not official ‘Downton Abbey’ or ITV statistics. Daz is not endorsed, sanctioned or in any other way supported by ‘Downton Abbey’ or ITV.
This post is written in collaboration with Daz for which I have been compensated.