The number of reasons why you need a great mattress protector from Tuft & Needles is innumerable and if at all you have been using your mattress without a protector, then know that you have been missing a lot in terms of your mattress protection, and most importantly, your comfort levels.
There is no denying that there are a plethora of mattress protectors in the market and as a consumer who is keen on getting the very best deal for their money, you need to know how to choose your protector correctly so that you end up with the right product that will serve with the greatest convenience and for a long time. Highlighted below are some of the things you need to watch out for when you are considering buying a mattress protector-:
The protection and prevention capabilities of the mattress protector
One of the major reasons why you need a mattress protector is so that you can accord your mattress the protection it needs against all the threats they may be exposed to due to their daily use. Besides, not protecting your mattress may void the warranty if you find the need to take it back for repair or replacement. Therefore, in your quest to find a nice protector, it is imperative to evaluate the protection and prevention capabilities of the protector before you finally buy it.
There is no specific way of determining such other than reading about the various protectors on offer so that you can arm yourself with the correct information you need before the purchase. Additionally, by just doing a visual inspection of the mattresses protector and feeling the material as well as the design and comparing a couple of them in the stores, you can easily tell if they will serve your needs or if they are not the right fit for your needs. Here are some of the protection and prevention capabilities you should be looking for in a mattress protector-:
- Protection from liquid stains and damages like water
- Protection from dust mite and allergens
- Enhancing the life of your mattress
- Helping in keeping the mattress clean, dry and healthy
- Protecting the mattress from bugs and mites
- Helping to stabilize the body temperatures at night
The Type of the mattress protectors
In as much as the main function of the protector is to generally cover the mattress and accord it the proper protection, there are a wide variety of mattress protector types and as a buyer, it is imperative to educate yourself on the available types so that you make an informed buying decision. Whether you get them from Tuft & Needles Sheets or you make your purchase from any other store, online or offline, you will never find two mattress protectors that are the same. As far as the types go, here is what you need to know-:
- Elastic straps protectors – this protector features a series of elastic straps which are fitted around the four corners of your mattress. With the traps, the protector is well anchored to the mattress and it guarantees that the mattress protector will stick in place allowing you to spread the sheets and work for the bed with a lot of ease.
- Fitted mattress protector – this is among the common types of mattress protectors and just as the name suggests, it will fit into your mattress just the same way your normal bedsheets are usually fitted. It has pocket corners which are used to safely tuck it under the mattress.
- Encasement or zippered mattress protector –an encasement mattress protector covers 100% of the mattress from top to bottom and it is the best protection you can ever accord to your mattress. In most cases, the protector is closed with a zipper and no part or section of the mattress ever remains exposed to the outside. If you desire a reliable way to offer the greatest protection for your mattress, then this is the right protector you should be thinking about buying. You can get it easily from the leading bedroom supplies stores, including Tuft & Needles Sheets stores.
The material of the protector
Just as you care for the material used in making the bedsheets you buy, you should also care for the materials used in making the mattress protectors. It goes without saying that protectors are made from different materials and you should never make your purchase without considering the materials. Cotton, for instance, is known to be one of the favorites for bedding because of its softness and breathability and if you a really good protector, then you should always go for those that feature cotton. However, there are other materials used in making the protectors and these include vinyl protectors, polyester protectors, down protectors, and polyurethane protectors. But while you consider the material types for the protectors, you should be very careful about using those with vinyl as there are discussions that such a material may release toxic gases which may be harmful in the long run.
The size and the intended care for the protector
It goes without saying but you need a little reminding that not all mattress protectors are of the same size. When you walk into a store such as Tuft & Needles sheets to buy a mattress protector, you need to arm yourself with the right side of the mattress which you intend to protect. A smaller protector will be no good and a bigger one will not give you any better experience either. You must choose the exact fit for your current mattress.
While you consider the sizes, you should also consider how you plan to care for and maintain the protector. You will have to keep it clean and if you intend to wash it on a regular basis, then it would be a good idea to buy one that is machine washable and also dryer-friendly. But you should also remember that you should never dry the protectors with a very high heat setting as this will damage the waterproof membrane of the protector. Furthermore, you should never ignore the handling instructions from the manufacturer and these will include how to wash the protector the right way.