Sometimes my blog takes me to the places to do the craziest things – like this promotion with Virgin TV.
If you ever told me I’d be jumping on a giant trampoline bed outside Kings Cross Station at 9 am in the morning, I’d have told you, you were having a laugh.
But I did! And it was great fun.
The kids of course were raring to go but I wasn’t going to let go of this opportunity and decided to have a go myself.
Virgin TV launched their new comprehensive app to keep kids busy and happy this summer.
At launch the key features include:
· Many of the best kids TV shows, including Bob The Builder, Mike The Knight, In The Night Garden, Thomas & Friends, Peppa Pig, PAW Patrol, Masha and Bear, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Monkey See, Monkey Doo, Angelina Ballerina and more. With new TV shows and boxsets available each month.
· Some of the most-loved books, which adults and older siblings can read with little ones or early readers can read for themselves – including Monsters Love Underpants, Princess Evie’s Ponies, Dogs Don’t Do Ballet and Barry The Fish With Fingers and No-Bot, the Robot with No Bottom.
· Lots of exciting new games to test children’s skills in logic, memory and problem solving – including Playful Kitty, Bubble Gems, Kids Tangram and Doctor Teeth.
· A bright, fun and easy-to-use interface, which can be personalised for each child with individual profiles of tailored characters, nicknames and backgrounds.
· TV shows can be downloaded to allow kids to watch them offline, such as on a plane or car journey.
· Kids love to watch the same programmes on repeat so to make this easy the app has a button which, when pressed, will play the same show five times over.
· Parental settings, which allow grown-ups to restrict streaming to a WiFi connection only, to keep kids in the app and prevent straying into the internet, notifies upon mobile data usage, manages downloads and devices and see usage history of games, books and TV shows.
The App is free for Virgin TV customers. It’s sounds great and I’ve not really had time to download it yet (I had a really full day yesterday which began with bouncing on the trampoline) but I will be and will write a review of it soon.
I was invited to the launch and paid a fee for expenses incurred to attend.