A garden can add so much appeal to a home. I’m no gardener and don’t have green fingers at all. In fact, I manage to effectively kill all the plants I grow. But with summer around the corner, we look forward to spending many hours in the garden and hopefully looking to have the perfect weather to entertain our guests. To achieve perfect garden ambience we have to ensure that our garden is in tip-top shape.
So how does one keep on top of garden maintenance to have the garden of your dreams?
1. Get the right tools. To be effective you need to have the right tools. A grass trimmer may be effective for a small garden space but for bigger areas you’ll definitely need a lawn mower. SGS engineering has some great lawn mowers to choose from.
2. Turf or grass – turf may look so much more nearer but do remember that while Astro turf requires less maintenance and maybe more cost effective and may look better, grass is natural and improves the air and soil quality.
3. Get the right plants – flowers that require a lot of care may not be for you if you are busy. Get plants that are easy to care for – succulents look just as pretty and require little care.
4. Read up on plant care. Not all plants require the same amount of water and too much may result in the dying. Also read up on pests and how to get rid of them.
5. Get someone to help. Call in reinforcements. Check for a neighbour’s child who may want to earn some pocket money and get him/her to mow the lawn. Pay for professional services if you don’t have the time .
Keeping the tips in mind will help you sprucing up your garden in no time at all.