If you’re stuck for ideas to keep the children busy this half term, why not take them to the RAF Museum? I don’t know about you, but my children are very interested in planes and history. A perfect place to take them for a day out is the RAF Museum.
There are exhibitions on that take the children through the ages of airplane history, story telling sessions and cafes for when they need a break.
In the museum you can –
· Be amazed by our stunning exhibition, First World War in the Air.
· Marvel at the life-sized model of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet – the only place in the world where it is on display.
· Listen to Winston Churchill give his ‘Battle of Britain’ speech to a fearful nation from his 10 Downing Street Office.
· Check out the ‘Bomb Bay’ television underneath our gigantic Vulcan Bomber.
· Discover the amazing heroes, heroines and trailblazers who have contributed to the RAF
I think learning is best done by hands on experience and what could be better than getting up close and personal to aircraft that have featured so prominently in history.
What’s even better is that it is completely free to enter and is easily accessible by public transport.
You can choose from two locations – London and Cosford
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.