If you are back from your holidays you are probably wondering how you are going to keep the children from tearing out each other’s hair and you from tearing out yours trying to keep them occupied for the rest of the vacation.
There are many things you can do at home if its rainy or if it’s a lovely day there are again many places to visit. With most of the places be it a theme park, attraction or the beach, you are likely to end up spending quite a bit of money.
With summer in full bloom and strawberries, cherries and all the lovely fruit just ripe for the picking, the best way to spend a day out is to take your children to a Pick your own farm.
What are the benefits?
- It is a great learning experience as children get to see exactly how vegetables and fruit grow which helps to change their thinking that they all come from supermarkets.
- Children also seem more inclined to eat the fruits and vegetables that they have picked themselves. (mine definitely do)
- It is something that the entire family can enjoy doing together – getting hands dirty and picking and choosing which fruit and vegetables you want.
- Most farms also have a picnic area so you can make a day of it and take a picnic too.
- Farms are located in the countryside where the air is fresher and there is beautiful scenery.
- It is a great way to spend the day out on a budget as you will be just buying your weekly vegetables and fruit and having fun as well.
- Vegetables and fruit that have been freshly picked do taste more delicious.
- The Farm shops have some wonderful products to buy and there is most often a garden centre where you can pick up houseplants or plants for the garden.
You can find Pick Your Own Farms local to you here