Pink Heart Shape Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
125 grams self-raising flour
125 grams caster sugar
125 grams soft unsalted butter
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk a few drops of pink food colouring gel or paste
1 tub of Cake Angels Vanilla Frosting few drops of pink food colouring gel or paste mixed in
or alternatively make your own buttercream:
250 grams butter
500 grams icing sugar
½ tsp of vanilla essence
2 – 3 tbsp of milk few drops of pink food colouring gel or paste
For a simple buttercream icing mix the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla essence with an electric hand mixer. Continue to mix until smooth adding the milk to loosen the buttercream.
Extra ingredients to decorate
Cake Angels Tutti frutti Swirl Jar (pink sprinkles) Cake Angels Pearl Swirls
Cake Angels Pretty ‘N’ Pink decorations
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 12 cake cases. Tear off some small pieces of foil, and roll into balls about the size of a small marble. Pop one of these into the muffin tray so it gently pushes the baking case inwards. Roll two small er balls for the sides of the heart and gently prod those down the side. I the case keeps jumping out, then do this after you have put the cake mix in the cases. (Iwould suggest a line drawing?)
2. Put all the ingredients except for the milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pulse while adding milk down the funnel, to make a soft, dropping consistency. Alternatively put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer.
2. Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to make a soft, dropping consistency.
3. Spoon into the cases equally filling 2/3rds of the way.
4. Put in the oven and bake for 15-16 minutes until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top, check to see if the cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. As soon as possible, take the cup cakes in their cases, out of the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
Using a piping bag with a small star nozzle, 2/3 fill with the buttercream/frosting, securing the top of the bag with a freezer clip. Starting at the top of the heart, pipe from the outer edge of the cup cake. Slowly work your way round the edge recreating the heart shape with a nice smooth line, fill in the centre of the heart. Take the Cake Angels Tutti Frutti pink sprinkles and pour some onto a small plate, take a cupcake and press gently into the sugar for a lovely flat surface, take a small Cake Angels Pearl Swirl and pop it in the top to decorate.
Have fun and get creative with other pink decorations like the Cake Angels Pretty ‘N’ Pink decorations.