This month’s Bostik Craft Blogger theme is Monsters and we were sent a lovely box of craft supplies to get crafting.
Of course, the initial thought was to take some pictures of the children and make photo frames (only kidding) but then the
monsters came up with such lovely ideas that I decided to do something a little more challenging than that.
In the box was felt that was just right for finger puppets so this was the first thing we made.
To make finger puppets, you will need –
- Googly eyes
- Bostik White Glu
- Decorative pieces – feathers, felt hands,beads
1. Stick the eyes on to the felt (the more the better).
2. Add a mouth – you can draw this in or in this case I used some zigzag decorated paper
3. Stick on the feathers to make a skirt
4. Add some spines to the top of the head.
5. You can either use it as a finger puppet or attach an ice lolly stick and enjoy a cool puppeteering expereince.
We made two and for the other one, we used feathers for the hair and hands for the skirt.
Ethan decided to make his own monster with a styrofoam ball and he stuck some pipe cleaners into it as well as some eyes made of pompoms. It can apparently throw balls with its hands. Very scary!
Disclaimer: I received a crafting box from Bostik as part of the Tots 100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club