The children love playing on apps as I am sure most children do. I do like the Disney apps as they encourage creativity and learning.
Disney UK released Mickey’s Magical Arts World, an app that gives children learning tools to explore creative arts by making and doing. For the first time ever, children can create their own characters and bring them to life in real Disney cartoons alongside Mickey and friends. Children can also experiment with basic music concepts and practice art and design. Mickey’s Magical Arts World is available now on the Apple App Store, and is the second of five subjects scheduled for release this year as part of Disney Imagicademy, Disney’s new learning initiative for families with children 3 to 8.
“Following the successful launch of Mickey’s Magical Math World, we are thrilled to introduce the arts to Disney Imagicademy, our flagship learning brand, ” said Jeff Sellinger, senior vice president, Disney Learning. “Families have embraced Disney Imagicademy and the interaction it fosters between kids and parents. We are excited to be launching another cutting-edge product that blends learning with technology to make a fun family experience that children can both learn from and enjoy playing with.”
Mickey’s Magical Arts World exposes children to key elements of art and design principles and gives children the ability to personalise their own uniquely Disney-inspired neighborhood with their own characters, drawings, music and architecture. The more the child creates in their neighborhood, the more it comes to life.
Disney Imagicademy Mickey’s Magical Arts World features five experiences in one app:
- Mickey’s Sketch Artist – Children can follow a Mickey-guided tutorial or draw free-style to create characters and more, as they experiment with color, shape, line, and visual texture.
- Donald’s Costume Play – While exploring improvisation, storytelling, costume design, dialogue and character development tools, children can get their characters ready to star in Disney cartoons alongside Mickey and friends.
- Mickey’s Music Maker – Mickey’s marching band will help children create music and experiment with varying tempo and pitch. Featuring 13 different instruments, children can choose the sounds they like best, record their compositions and play back their masterpieces.
- Pluto’s Crafty Creator – Children are invited to six craft stations where they can explore different art tools, experience how materials work together and create and design unique digital toys.
- Minnie’s Art-chitect – As they design buildings with various colors and textures, children can practice key design principles including symmetry, balance, proportion, rhythm, and harmony. Children can customise and design buildings to truly personalise their neighbourhood.
Mickey’s Magical Arts World will also connect to the Disney Imagicademy Parents app, giving parents the ability to connect and get involved with their child’s creative arts milestones. The Parents app reinforces the belief that parents are an important part of a child’s learning progress and features tools that give them the ability to see their child’s accomplishments digitally and remotely, as well as content to help them extend the activity and learning beyond the screen.
Mickey’s Magical Arts World and Disney Imagicademy Parents are available on iPad and iPhone on the App Store. Disney Imagicademy’s math-based app, Mickey’s Magical Math World, is available for download on iPad, and will be released for iPhone in March 2015.