We have been enjoying playing on our new Nintendo games. This was a godsend when we were travelling to Bali – long haul. I find the DS is a great way to keep the children entertained and if there’s a new game – even better.
You can now control multiple characters and there are loads of new stories to enjoy. As you get further in the gams you can unlock new characters that have unique moves and weapons.
Here are some of the Key Features of Hyrule Warriors: Legend:
• The complete Hyrule Warriors Wii U experience with all previous DLC included
• Cut down entire legions of enemies using over-the-top powerful Dynasty Warriors-style moves
• Battle the fiercest enemies from The Legend of Zelda across Hyrule’s most famous locales
• For an enhanced gaming experience – best enjoyed on the New Nintendo 3DS
• New stages – based on Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks with new story (a 4 chapter epilogue)
• New gameplay – players can swap between characters by tapping on them during gameplay
• My Fairy – offers passive perks to the player for more depth*
• Wii U crossover – import new Legends characters from 3DS to Wii U Hyrule Warriors
• New characters
‒ Linkle – a brand new character to the Zelda universe featured in her own 5 chapter side story ‒ Skull Kid ‒ Toon Link ‒ Tetra
‒ King of Hyrule
‒ Ganondorf with Trident (new weapon)
*My Fairy (Adventure mode only)
• Players can find and capture fairies which have skills that help on the battlefield
• Players strategically choose which fairies to take
• Can be leveled up by feeding, and changing outfits to change their skills
• My Fairy skills can be traded between players
The older two are totally entranced by the game and since Zelda is a hot favourite, this comes as no surprise. The game is fast paced and exciting and the kids love it. Some of the graphics may be a little blurry and the game can be a bit slow at times but overall, it is interesting and holds their interest.
Disclosure: I was sent a free download of the game for review. All ideas and opinions are my own.