Last Thursday was quite a full-on day. We attended 3 awesome events – yes 3 and all were great. Our visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home went down a treat with the children.
We were invited to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home to meet a very special dog and have a peek at what goes on behind the scenes. It was an amazing opportunity to be able to see the staff doing such a great job looking after the dogs there.
We were taken on a tour and saw the areas where the dogs are first brought in and then subsequently transferred to. The dogs are given so much space literally and figuratively to heal themselves. Quite a few of them, we were told, are wary of humans so it can take time.
We saw a few dogs that are waiting to be re-homed. We also saw this adorable beagle called Loki, who the children would have loved to bring home.
The main reason of course for the visit was to meet Chatty Charlie – the lovable dog from Hasbro. Hasbro has partnered with Battersea Dogs and Cats Home to help people better understand the rehoming process and ‘paws’ for thought around welcoming a rescue dog into their home.
Spearheaded by FurReal Friends Chatty Charlie The Barkin’ Beagle and his best friend Conker, Hasbro’s support will highlight the importance of rehoming rescue animals at one of the UK’s oldest and most famous animal rescue centres.
Battersea strives to ensure that every dog and cat that comes through its doors receives expert care and we have seen that first hand on our visit last Thursday. We were told that it tries never to turn away a dog or cat in need of help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found.
Chatty Charlie’s arrival at Battersea and unique relationship with Conker has been captured in a cute and heart-warming video which will help spread awareness of the intake and re-homing process at Battersea – the intro-pup-tion can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/230639784/884a4c9444
Here are some more facts about Battersea Dogs and Cats Home –
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- In 2016 the Home cared for over 7,000 dogs and cats.
- In addition to the site in South West London, the Home also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home rehomes dogs and cats all over the UK.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 0207 627 7883.
You can find out more information about the wonderful work they do at www.battersea.org.uk
We had a fun day and even got to bring Chatty Charlie home.
A review is upcoming so do be sure to visit and see how much we love playing with him.
Here’s a video of Charlie meeting Conker for the first time.