A short while ago we were sent some Nestle Gluten Free Corflakes to review. Besides trying out the cornflakes, I was asked to create a recipe with them.
We enjoy tasting and testing and it was quite fun thinking of a recipe that the whole family would enjoy. Now, since the children love chicken, especially of the fried variety, I decided to create a cornflake fried chicken meal.
This is really easy to do – all you do is replace the breadcrumbs with cornflakes.
Cornflakes – crushed
Chicken thighs with skin removed
Eggs for the coating
Oil for coating
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (fan oven 180 degrees)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and set aside
- Coat the chicken in egg. Make sure that all parts are covered.
- Dip the chicken in the mixture of cornflakes and seasoning
- Keep aside for about 15 minuted
- Use a brush to coat the chicken with oil
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Serve with salad and crusty bread.
We also enjoyed eating the Gluten free cornflakes as we found no difference in taste to the normal cornflakes. The children loved the honey version. They are great for weekday breakfasts and can be varied by adding different fruits to it each time or eating it with yogurt.
Since we loved the cornflakes so much we also decided to use it in a dessert recipe – Berry Cornflake Surprise
Here is a link to a video of Phil Vickery creating a lovely Leek and Guyere Tart with Crunchy Gluten Free Crust –