We always have some Heinz sauce at home, definitely ketchup being one and mayonnaise too. This time round, we were introduced to some Seriously Good sauces from Heinz and I’m sure they’ll soon be a part of our must have sauce collection.
Heinz Seriously Good sauces come in the following flavours –
- Creamy Chive Sauce, zingy and creamy with potatoes!
- Creamy Pepper Sauce, creamy and warming with steak!
- Creamy Tomato & Garlic Sauce, rich and lively with chicken!
- Creamy Béarnaise, perfect with meats and fish!
We tried out the Creamy Chive sauce with chips and it was delicious. I even added it to scrambled eggs.
The Creamy Pepper sauce was perfect with meat – we added it to our roast pork sandwiches and it added that extra zing to it.
Here are two recipes that you may like to try too –
Classic steak sandwich
20 MINS PLUS RESTING | SERVES 4 | EASY
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
500g sirloin steak (about 2 large or 4 small)
1 baguette or 2 batons, halved
100g Heinz [Seriously] Good Creamy Pepper Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 10 mins, until golden and beginning to caramelise. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan, and turn up the heat. Season the steaks and cook for 2-3 mins per side, or until done to your liking. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange the rocket over the halved baguette, then top with the onions followed by the steak. Spoon on the Heinz [Seriously] Good Creamy Pepper Sauce and sandwich together. Serve immediately.
Poached Salon & Asparagus Salad
35-40 MINUTES | SERVES 4 | EASY
8-10 sprigs tarragon
1 lemon, juiced
4 salmon fillets,
about 140g each
400g asparagus, trimmed
120g bag baby leaves
6 radishes, sliced
100g Heinz [Seriously]
Good Creamy Béarnaise
1. Fill a large shallow pan with water and add 6 tarragon sprigs and half the lemon juice. Add a little salt and bring just to the boil, then slide in the salmon, turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and poach for 8-10 mins. Once cooked to your liking, remove from the pan, drain and leave to cool completely. Remove any skin.
2. Bring the water in the pan back to the boil, add the asparagus and blanch for 2 mins, then remove and cool under cold running water, drain well. Arrange the asparagus with the baby leaves and radishes on a serving plate. Flake over the cooled salmon. Mix the remaining lemon juice with the Heinz [Seriously] Good Creamy Béarnaise Sauce to loosen it, then drizzle over the salad. Chop the leaves of the remaining tarragon sprigs and scatter over the salad.
For more recipe inspiration, visit – heinz.co.uk