This is a fairly simple recipe and it has a rich creamy texture. You can also make it without adding the chilli powder so that children can also have it. In India, the chicken is normally shredded and cooked but we like it finely sliced as I think it gives a better look and taste to the curry.
500 gms boneless chicken (finely sliced)
1 onion finely sliced
1 heaped tsp ginger paste
1 heaped tsp garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp poppy seeds
100 ml cream
Salt to taste
3 hard boiled eggs
100 ml water
- Grind together the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and the poppy seeds to form a paste.
- Fry the onions in a little oil in the Tefal Actifry for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, spice paste, turmeric and chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes. You can add a bit of water so that it is not too dry. Add salt to taste.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and water and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve in a dish and garnish with tomato and boiled egg.