Lollibop 2013 is all set to rock the stage at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on 16th, 17th and 18th August. Referred to as the Big Bash for Little People, it has an even more impressive line up this year.
Mr Men and Little Miss Village Green Event and Shaun the Sheep’s Championsheeps will be joining the hottest names in kids’ entertainment. There will also be hundreds of activities and workshops and interactive demos all aimed at little ones.
Other big names that are confirmed are:
* Peppa Pig will be at the festival all weekend meeting and greeting all her little fans
* Sid Sloane and Andy Day will be hosting their very own Big Birthday Bash and everyone is invited! Expect lots of energetic songs and silliness and plenty of audience participation
* Watch and learn how to ‘Copy Poppy’ with Poppy Cat on the Lolli Live stage
* Straight from Nickelodeon to the Lolli Live Stage, The Go! Go! Go! Show are bringing brand new pop songs, catchy, easy-to-learn dance moves and loads of laughs
* Sing and dance along with the adorable Cloudbabies mini show
* Older LolliBoppers will love The Diary of a Wimpy Kid activity, which include exclusive clips of the author Jeff Kinney talking about the books and a master class showing how he draws the characters. There’s also a Wimp Wars quiz
* Experience the life-size Transformer Optimus Prime Truck, along with the Transformers Station; showcasing the new Beast Hunters toys, viewings of the cartoon series Transformers Prime and free green screen pictures
* Witness the amazing wildlife showcase with National Geographic Kids Animal Man
* Laugh along with hilarious antics from the amazing 8ft Titan the Robot
LolliBop Live – Popular CBeebie presenter Alex Winters is comparing the live stage which plays host to some of the biggest names in kids entertainment, with live music and performances from stars of stage and screen
Lollipalladiam – is a live theatre tent showcasing performances from pioneering and internationally renowned companies and artists. This year it features Spooked, the critically acclaimed Broken Rose Performing Arts first show for children – a hilarious and spectacular blend of dance, theatre and spoken word featuring skeletons Molly, Jinny and Charlie.
Science Zone – Make a rocket, hold a dry ice cube, or get messy with gooey slime in the LolliBop lab – brimming with exploding experiments for pint sized guests to try!
Run wild and have fun in the LolliSports area. With activities including retro favorites like swingball, hula-hoop and frisbee to football tournaments and sports day style races.
3ft and under is also making a comeback but this time is it within the brand new Itsy Bitsy Zone. Activities for babies and toddlers will include soft play, baby massage, storytelling, mini discos and much more
The Lolli Promenade – Situated on the River Lea! We’re very lucky to have a real river running through our new home, so why not relax and enjoy an ice lolly at the Lolli Promenade which also features beach hut crafts and bandstands.
Discovery Zone – will host a number of educational, interactive and hands on activities where kids can learn a new skill like beatboxing in one of the many workhops.
The Meadows – A perfect spot to chill out, enjoy your lunch and watch our special street performers
There is also a wide selection of food and drink stalls at LolliBop. Extensive covered buggy parks, baby changing and breast-feeding areas are also available. For more tickets and more information: http://www.lollibopfestival.co.uk
News just in confirms that Justin Fletcher, the CBeebies Superstar and BAFTA award winner will be performing live for Lolliboppers on Saturday 17th August and Sunday 18th August.
Rastamouse and Da Easy Crew will also be performing on Friday 16th August.
Postman Pat and his black and white cat, Jess will be there this year to enthrall the Lollibop fans further.
This is one festival that I am definitely going to be a part of with the children as I would not want them to miss out on what will be the ultimate festival for children.
With all the entertainment aimed at children under the age of 10, this year’s Lollibop festival promises to be the place to be.
You don’t want to miss it so book your tickets now at www.lollibopfestival.co.uk
Tickets are on sale from £20 per person